Venue Questions to Ask
1. How many guests can the space accommodate comfortably? Everything has a "footprint" that takes up space. Guest seating tables, food and beverage service tables, a table to display the cake, a guest sign-in table, a gift table, a table for the DJ, a stage for the band, chairs, dance floor... take all of that into account when deciding if a venue can handle the size and design vision of your event. Arbor Pointe can accommodate 150 guests comfortably for both ceremony and reception.
2. Does the price quoted include furniture or is that an additional cost? When comparing venue pricing, this is a big question to ask. Rentals of tables and chairs can cost up to $1,000 or more depending on the styles. Be sure to take that additional cost into account if a venue doesn't include furniture. At Arbor Pointe, tables and chairs for up to 130 people are included in the venue price.
3. Does the venue have exclusive or preferred vendors who must be used, or can I bring in my own vendors? Hotels, Country Clubs and many other venues have in-house catering and other vendors they require you to use. They usually discount or even waive their room fees altogether because they require “food and beverage minimums”. You can save a LOT of money by selecting a wedding facility that allows you to bring in a licensed caterer. Be sure to ask this question before you even start the tour. It is hard to walk away from a place you can’t afford after you have already fallen in love with it. Arbor Pointe has both a venue-only option allowing you to bring in outside vendors AND package pricing where our preferred professionals extend special pricing for our package clients. We even allow you to purchase and bring in your own alcohol which can also be a HUGE money saver.
4. How many events does the venue contract per day/how many hours does the facility rental include? The last thing you want to feel on your wedding day is rushed. You may already be jam-packing a mani/pedi, bridal brunch, hair styling and makeup application into this one day so why add the stress of having to be out of a facility precisely at 4pm because they have another event scheduled for the evening. Most venues contract a rental period of eight hours. You need to understand this is TOTAL time including setup and cleanup of your event. If you want a six hour wedding and reception, you need to purchase additional hours for setup. We offer up to ten hours of setup, dressing and event time on wedding day at Arbor Pointe.
5. Who is responsible for cleanup? In most cases, YOU are. One thing I have seen way too many times in my planning career is the mother of the bride or groom and family sweeping and mopping floors and hauling out trash in their formal dress. They have had a whirlwind, very emotional day as well and should not have to worry about cleaning up a venue. Be sure to read the venue policies to know exactly what the facility manager or site director will and will not be responsible for. If there is nothing documented, then ask. Setup of furniture and cleanup of the venue IS included in the venue price at Arbor Pointe.
If the answer to the headlining question of this email is YES, then we invite you to come tour Arbor Pointe Event Centre at our upcoming Venue Showcase on October 7, 2015. The venue will be dressed up as if a wedding were taking place so you can get inspiration, and some of our preferred vendors will be on-hand to answer any wedding related questions you have. We will be giving away prizes every half hour. RSVP now to be eligible for a prize ticket.